Hi and welcome to my blog! I am a K-5 Special Education Teacher in Wisconsin and starting my 5th year. I truly enjoy being a special education teacher and love the challenges and accomplishments each and every day brings.
Hi everyone! Life in Special Education is having a linky party for our favorite websites. I am always online and thought I would share my favorites.
1. Tumble Books-an awesome website with animated picture books and chapter books. These are great up on my SMART board when we have a couple extra minutes or when I have a substitute teacher. Students love these stories and ask to go on the website. Also a great option for "Listening to Reading" during Daily 5.
2. Raz-Kids-another great website with animated books. You can enter your whole class on this website and set each child's individual reading level. Each book has to be read, listened to, and pass a couple comprehension questions. You can also do running records on the website.
3. Reading A-to-Z--a reading website in which you can print off leveled books with complete lesson plans and comprehension questions. Great for when you need something for students to do independently or when you have a substitute.
4. Read-Write-Think--tons and tons of lesson plans, interactives, and printables.
5. Enchanted Learning--great website to find a couple activities, especially around holidays.
6. Illuminations--National Council of Teachers of Mathematics website with interactive activities and lesson plans.
7. Differentiation Daily--Paula Kluth's website offering a website/lesson/idea on how to differentiate instruction in your classroom every day during the school year.
8. AAA Math--great website if you need something for fact practice with instant feedback if the student is correct/incorrect
9. Starfall-website to help children learn how to read. Everything from learning the sounds of letters to reading. Includes activities, interactives, videos, games, and printables. Kids love this website.
10. PBS Kids-kids love this website, a good "free" time website.
I hope you enjoy these websites as much as I do, please follow my blog if you enjoyed my post :)
Thanks to Life in Special Education for this great Linky Party.