CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school!

First, I have to say thank you to my mom for giving up her Labor Day and going to school with me yesterday to finish organizing my classroom, today would have been crazy if I would not have had the help, so thank you!

I guess I can sum it up by saying that I was still finishing my coffee on my drive home today!  Today was pretty crazy but great.  We all made it and it is going to be a great school year.  I got to see all of my students today, which was great after not seeing them all summer.  This is my 3rd year with some of my students on my caseload so it was great to see them again.  I also got to meet some of my new students and get to know them more.

I will be spending a lot of my time in one of the 4th grade classrooms, especially for math, so I also spent a bit of time in there (although that teacher would say not enough time).  I hope to spend more time in there tomorrow so I can begin to learn all of the students' names.

I also had a PBIS Kick-Off for the students today.  We brought the students up to the auditorium in 2 different groups to tell them about our new behavior program, how they can earn CARE coupons, watch the videos, and practice the behaviors.  Our kick-off went fairly well with a few issues but at least now we can learn from our mistakes and improve in the future.  All of the kids were SUPER excited about the new behavior program and did a great job in the cafeteria and on the playground, it truly is going to be a great year.

So, even though I felt like a maniac today running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to be in a 100 different places at one time, I guess it was a successful day.  My classroom is organized, my kids are great, everyone is super positive...what more could I ask for?  Tomorrow is a new day, one in which I hope to actually get some work done, I just hope it is a great as today....and as my dad just told me on the phone, I need to take a deep breath and settle down, everything will be fine and work out! (Thanks Dad).

No comments:

Post a Comment