CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Inclusion

I recently went to an amazing conference on inclusion, The 18th Annual Statewide Institute on Best Practices in Inclusive Education in Wisconsin.  The main reason I went to this conference was to see Paula Kluth.  For those of you who do not know of Paula Kluth, you need to.  She is an expert on inclusion, especially for students with autism. 

I got a lot of great ideas from the conference and a few more active learning strategies to add to my tool box.  I also picked up 2 more of Paula's books: From Tutor Scripts to Talking Sticks and A Land We Can Share.
From Tutor Scripts to Talking Sticks: 100 Ways to Differentiate Instruction in K - 12 Classrooms
From Tutor Scripts to Talking Sticks gives 100 ways to differentiate instruction in your classroom.  This book gives you real ideas of how to differentiate instruction in your classroom.  Each idea gives a description of the idea, directions, and examples.  If you have students with disabilities in your classroom this book should be a part of your professional collection.  I have not gotten all the way through this book yet but I am sure I will have more to say about this wonderful book in the future.


A Land We Can Share is a book about teaching literacy to students with autism.  I was happy to find a book, by a great author, about how to specifically teach literacy to students with autism.  This book gives examples and ideas for teaching literacy in your inclusive classroom.  I have also not read this whole book but I believe I will have plenty more to say about this book also.

Paula Kluth is a great resource for all teachers who have inclusive classrooms and/or work with students with disabilities.  You can check out Paula's website where you will find a tip of the day about inclusion and also check out her blog (Differentiation Daily) where you will find a new idea or lesson on how to differentiate instruction in your classroom each day, during the school year. 


2 comments:

  1. Good morning! Just wanted to let you know that I have made and posted jungle word wall cards! They are on my blog for free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the same conference my first year of teaching and it was great! This year I went to a CD conference in Madison! It will be great to collaborate with another Wisconsin special education teacher!

    ReplyDelete